Thursday, February 03, 2005

This is the day that the Lord has made ...

Well, today has been an interesting kind of day. Thursdays are always kinda different.

My son Shane got his logs today - only a short jump from here to actually having his drivers license. Now comes the car, fuel, rego, insurance, tyres, etc ... yahoo ... look what you've got to look forward to Shane. A moped is beginning to sound good :D)

Some good things have happened today ... not all of it has been good news ... but being told the truth is better than not knowing at all. To finally be told why someone has been holding up progress on an important project means at least I am now equipped to deal with the matter. Sometimes people do not realise the effects of their actions, but it can seriously affect a small business when people are pedantic and sit on important paperwork. If there is any good outcome from this revelation today it would be that I am more determined to cross my I's and dot my T's when dealing with the unknown. Give ol Nick (Satan to the uninitiated) an inch and he will take a mile. Have to constantly remind myself that he is under my feet, and that I am the Head and not the tail.

I'm reminded of the Robin Mark song where the lyrics go ...
"This is the day that the Lord has made,
We were meant to rejoice and be glad in it ..."

I don't necessarily have to rejoice in the day itself (or the situation), but in it's Creator ... the awesome living God ... the God who has declared that He knows the thoughts that He has towards me, and that they are good thoughts. Like all other battles where we may feel powerless, this one will almost certainly be won on my knees!

Well I've shared whats on my mind today. I know that I can do all things through Christ, whose power, whose love, whose wisdom, whose Spirit ... strengthens me.

Can't wait for next week. Off to Thailand to see Thomas. Holidays here I come!!! I can taste the Tom Yum already ...

No comments: