Friday, February 04, 2005

Proverbs 3:5

I'm sitting here at my computer at work, and my eyes just caught the little verse of scripture that I keep propped up against the monitor. Its from Proverbs 3: 5 and reads like this ...

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
Lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths."

I often stop during the day to ponder that verse.

On the back of the card in faded biro is a message that says ...

"To Stephen
Love Mum & Dad
Happy 32nd!!!
Birthday"

I am so blessed to have the most wonderful Mother-in-law, and even though my Father-in-law has gone to eternity, my memories of him are precious too. After all, with God's help, they created the most beautiful girl to walk the face of this earth ... my wife Karen.

And I suspect that Mum didn't know, but a piece of her sits in front of me every day at work in the form of this amazing little scripture card that serves to remind me of the truth ... that my Heavenly Father loves me.

Hallelujah! That card has inspired me for the past 15 years.

I'm going to have a great day. God has truly blessed me! I think I'll put some worship music on and let His goodness overwhelm me while I work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve.. wow. That is the verse that I have as my signature on my emails.. Like that one! And also Rom. 12:1-2.

You commented on my blog today. take these chances. Thank you for your encouragement. Here is my email if ya'd like to contact me. I get a bit weary of my Ex finding my comments. Not that I hate her but it is like my lil' place where I can just put my heart on paper. And alot of it has to do w/ her at times. Maybe you can tell me how things went w/ you. I am finding the moving on part of the loss process very hard. Seems as though we have alot in common. I am a worship leader at my loca church. I play the drums for the team and I love singing too! Oh.. and one of ur fav movies was groundhog day.. that's my birthday.. he he. Feb 2nd. Hope to hear from ya. Bless ya bro!

davetorr@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh.. and how did you get that cool little "now spinning in the CD player" thing on the side of your site? I am always listening to some kind of music and I wish I had a better way of expressing my current listenings.