Sunday, July 23, 2006

SDA ... a really cool church ...

With all that Karen and I have been through over these past few years, the thought of finding a church where we would really be happy seemed distant most of the time.

And so surprise, surprise when God leads us to a church just down the road from where we live, and one which I drive past everyday on my way to work. I am sharing this because for the first time in nearly 5 years we feel at home in a church, and loved, and accepted, and valued, and involved. So much so that we are going to do the dreaded "M" word ... yes, thats right ... MEMBERSHIP.

The church that I am speaking so highly of is Southern Districts Alliance church - which is on Warton Road in Canning Vale. And once again today we had an awesome service with the many new friends we have made in our short few months there. The worship is great, the teaching is great, and the leadership is great. We have become involved in a home group (something I have not been able to for nearly 20 years for a number of reasons, the main one being that most home groups I have experienced in the past are a waste of time) which I look forward to every week.

I have missed this church and home group sooo much over these past 4 weeks that I have been overseas. And they all missed me ... makes me feel kinda loved by others outside my family. So if you are looking for a great church that will make you feel loved and accepted, come and visit one day - services start at 10-00AM. Like most people who visit SDA, you might end up staying!

Praise the Lord, for He is good.

Steve

No comments: