Friday, July 21, 2006

Forever is a long, long time ...

Seems like forever since I last blogged.

Lots has happened in the past month or so ... I have been almost right around the world in that time. To actually sit down in front of a computer (not work related) and log in and update - well it seems like a luxury.

Since the end of June I have been to Thailand for Shane's DTS graduation in Chiang Rai, and then for work went to Kyrgyzstan in central Asia. This entailed flying to Dubai, Istanbul and then Bishkek, and then return the same way to Perth.

I have spent the last week trying to catch up on everything - including reading my favorite blogs. It is perhaps hard to believe that you can be in a situation these days where you don't have internet access, but trust me - it is quite common, especially when you are at a goldmine site in the Himalayan mountains at 11,000 feet altitude - struggling to breathe because the air is so thin!

It is soooo good to be back home in Australia, and it truly is the best place on earth ... Perth, I mean!!!

I will try to catch up on posting, and relate some of the awesome things that have happened in my life lately (especially visiting the Haggia Sofia in Istanbul). In the meantime, know that God is good, and His mercies endure forevermore.

Cheers,
Steve

No comments: