Sunday, December 04, 2005

Now for something different ...

I was so pumped when Kate DeAraugo won Australian Idol. I must confess that I voted for her a few times, because I believe that she truly deserved to win.

Her voice is so mellow, and she has a beautiful smile which shows how she feels inside. And considering "shark boy's" rude "tuck shop arms" comments, I thought that she showed amazing grace in putting all of the criticism behind her.

The final clincher for me, which convinced me beyond a doubt that she was going to win, was the final night of performances. Her rendition of Mary Mary's "Shackles" blew me away. She was singing it like she really believed it.

So good on you Kate! Well done - you deserved the reward for never giving up - for trying three times to get into the competition.

Can't wait for Kate's album to be released. I might just buy my first Australian Idol related CD.

No comments: