Wednesday, January 18, 2006

God is soooooooooo good ...

My new shed/workshop/garage is going to start being erected today - yay!!! (Only been waiting since October)

Things are busy already at work - 2006 is going to be a fantastic year for our (God's) business, because He is blessing our efforts. Did He not say that He would cause us to prosper in everything that we do!

I am believing for many opportunities this year to preach and teach more. My desire is to get back involved in worship ministry, and to sow truth and life into every one that I meet or minister to.

I found someone who is going to possibly be able to fix all of our brick paving and limestone wall messes that we were left with. Another yay!!!

And I am married to the most wonderful woman on planet earth, who truly rocks my world.

And it's all because of God's promise to me - that He knows the plans that He has for me, and they are plans to prosper me and not to harm me. Plans to give me a hope and a future.

Where would I be without Him? Where would I be without Jesus and His finished work of the cross? Where would I be without His Holy Spirit?

Jesus nailed it when He said that only God is truly good. Only God could truly love me and bless me the way that He does.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!

Tom said...

And if you can PRAISE God so much just thinking about this life, just wait till the next ;)

... a house that never needs fixing

... and a body that never needs healing

Steve said...

Thanks for that Thomas.

... the house that never needs fixing appeals to me!

And even though it is now Thursday night and the shed erectors haven't shown up - I am learning not to let dissapointment steal my joy.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, we were meant to rejoice and be glad in it!"

Anonymous said...

Well, 3 out of 5 isn't bad. Notice how God is bringing the things to pass that are of eternal signifigance. Blessing HIS business, giving you opportunities to share His Word, deepening the love that you and your wife share. Of course He cares about our material needs, but I can't take sheds and brickpaving to Heaven with me :) Learning to deal with these situations must be more important than actually having the job done. I'm sure the way you have dealt with the "shed people" has shone Christ's light into their worlds!

Brad said...

Sounds like things are going well for you Steve. Continue to be blessed brother!

Anonymous said...

Well, almost another week has gone and still no shed. I speak of knowing that it's not the most important thing in the Kingdom, but do I let go and give it to God? I say I do, but don't act like I do. Can't do it in my own strength!
First son leaves to do his DTS, and we wait months and months for landscaping. Second son leaves to do his DTS and we are waiting months for the shed to be erected. God does have a sense of humour :) Same lesson twice. I must need more refining. He says "don't focus on those things, pray for your children." What an awesome privelege.