Saturday, December 10, 2005

Why blog ? ...

I must confess that I enjoy reading other peoples blogs more than I enjoy posting on my own!

It's fun to note all of the different styles of blogs - some people talk nonsense and others talk serious stuff. Some Christians are very intolerant when they comment on other peoples blogs - it seems there is an ongoing war between "calvinists" and "armenians". Apparently people can shoebox you depending on what you say on your blog. One blog I read had a calvinist (commenter ... commentator?) condemning an armenian (blogger) to hell. The sad thing is that the "armenian" didn't even know he was an "armenian"!

As a person who hates tags, I try my hardest to keep everyone guessing ... to be quite honest I wouldn't have a clue what I "am supposed to be". If you'd asked me 5 years ago what I was, I would probably have said calvinist. After reading what a calvinist actually believes, now I'm not sure I want to be one of them.

And then you get the "emergent" versus the "pre/anti/non/don't wanna be emergent" (or whatever the opposite of "emergent" is). Probably "traditional"! They tend to be a little less violent verbally, although they still disagree.

And then you have blogs that are encouraging. They build you up in your faith! They share stories about how awesome our God is, and tell about His fame and the amazing miracles He has done on their behalf.

Some use blogger or similar canned format, and others use their own design webpage with awesome graphics and content. Some have great links, and others have no links. Some attract dozens of comments, and others go months on end without a single comment. Chris (over at http://www.foreigndevil.org) has just got 6 comments on a "non" post. That must be a record!

Cyberanger (over at http://www.cyberanger.blogspot.com) has some great links, and has a very enjoyable blog to read. One of the links shown here is about God's grace. I have heard a lot said about grace lately, and this link explains my position on grace very well. Go here to read it ... http://www.gospelfortoday.org/jteachings/fallfromgrace.htm

And then there are the people (like me) who go for months on end and never post. It's probably because we're too busy reading other peoples blogs and leaving comments on them :-)

So as one of my favourite bloggers says ... "I'm tired, and I've run out of things to say".

No comments: