Tuesday, May 10, 2005

C-day is here ... and almost gone.

Well, it's Tuesday night and I am updating my blog as promised so that the results of my visit to the hospital are made known.

The Dr did end up cutting part of my shoulder out to remove the BCC. How do I feel about that? Well, it aches for starters, and I know that over the next few days it will probably give me a hard time, but I know that nothing has changed as far as I am concerned. I still believe in miracles of healing, and I am still wondering in my heart why God did not heal me miraculously, but I know that nothing changes the truth of the scripture that says "by His stripes I am healed". I know that Jesus didn't only die to give me eternal life, but that this earthly life would be full of blessing and fulfillment. That includes good health. The prophet Isaiah states it plain and clear. He was wounded for our sicknesses and diseases.

So how do I rationalise away all of the sicknesses in Christians? Joseph Prince from the "New Creation Church" in Singapore tells the story of how Kenneth Hagan said that he gave thanks to God for doctors, because they kept him alive long enough for him to learn about God's miraculous healing. There is a lot of truth in that. My own knee got trashed in a skiing accident, but then God healed me right before (literally a half hour) I was to climb several hundred steps at a temple in Laos whilst doing a prayer and warfare walk on a missions trip. But this was one year after the accident. Why not be healed straight away, or why did the accident happen in the first place? I know several people (personally) who have been miraculously healed of cancer, and not just a BCC, but serious life threatening stuff. Why them and not me, or others I know who are struggling with sickness.

I believe the answer lies in my determination to know more of God, and to know Him more. I have experienced miracles in my life, so I know from experience that He does them ... even today ... but in this case I suspect that He has a higher purpose for this event. Even now, I am believing for a complete recovery from the operation, and I know that God has me in the palm of His hands ... safe ... secure ... I am a child of the King.

I remember when my wife Karen was talking with me about the vision God gave her of me being healed in Laos (provided I was obedient and went on the missions trip) - I asked her why did God allow it in the first place - and she said she felt that God had told her it is was so that I could identify with the sick and suffering people who were in need of healing. And so I am believing for a ministry of teaching the truth about healing, and being able to identify with those who desperately need a touch from God.

Yes, God does still heal today. No, He didn't miraculously remove the tumour from my shoulder. That doesn't change the truth of His word, and I will continue to believe Him for the impossible, because if I don't, then I may never see another miracle. Every day I believe Him for the impossible in some area of my life.

So I will lift my hands and my eyes to the heavens, for that is where my help comes from. God is still ruling and reigning over creation, and as long as I let Him rule and reign in my life, I know there are exciting times ahead.

I guess I will be preaching on Sunday that His grace is sufficient for me in every situation. I would love to see someone get miraculously healed during the service. Let's see some shackles broken, some captives set free, some lives restored! Who knows what will happen. One thing I know for sure - I will be worshipping and praising God with all of my heart, for He is good, and His mercies endure forever.

Hallelujah - for the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad, and give the glory unto Him!

Steve

6 comments:

Shane said...

Dad :-)

Good to read your post and see your faith! God's word does not change... not even if our circumstances may make it look that way. His name is JEHOVAH-RAPHA - THE LORD YOUR HEALER

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tom said...

Amen ... just another one of those things that reminds us that God is God and we are not ... that we cannot (it is impossible to) understand all the greatness of God.

Just as God used Pharaoh's hard heart for his glory... so too he can use this cancer to bring him the glory ... even if it wasn't in the way our minds thought.

God truly is great and Sovereign

Unknown said...

Hi Steve.

I came across your blog through your son, Tom's. He posted a comment on mine and because of that, it linked me to his own, Shane's and yours.

I just want to let you know that I am blown away by what you wrote. I'd like to say I am blessed, but to say that it would be so cliche-ish and would be an understatement.

I do the graveyard shift, and I am working now, even as I read this blog of yours. I must confess I was in tears barely halfway through it. (I am in tears as I write this now, as well.)

Can I tell you something more? I dont intend to defend God, coz certainly he doesnt need that. His ways are always higher than mine and so are his thoughts.

But could it be that your healing being delayed mean God being more glorified in the circumstances that surround it and will soon follow?

I have the miracles in scripture in mind especially Lazarus's - with which narrowminded people like myself - question the Lord why he was late in healing his friend... which later on resulted to the one of the greatest miracles in the Bible.

Again, I'm not sure what His plans are for you. But of the few I am really sure about in this world, this one is one of them: that his plans is still to prosper you and not to harm. plans to give you a hope and a future..

There might be tribulations, sure. But if we yield to Him in the process, we shall all come out as gold.

Thank you so much for this wonderful testimony. You just made my day and got me all fired up!

I shall be interceding for your healing to be evident in the physical realm and battle for it, if need be.

See you in the throne room.

Jake

Katy said...

I just wanted to let you know I've been praying for you; I know the Lord is continuing to heal you, even in ways that cannot be seen. In a crazy turn of events, I had the privilege of meeting your son today, Tom...it's a small world! I'm sure you must be very proud of him.
May God continue to bless you.

cybeRanger said...

Shalom!
By the grace of God, I have stumbled upon your wonderful blog.
May our Heavenly Father use you mightily for His Glory!
May I link to your blog from mine? Please reply @ http://www.cyberanger.blogspot.com