Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Let's turn it around ...

I am on the mailing list for the Left Behind newsletter, and everyday they email me "God's Daily Promise" which is kind of a daily devotional. I am constantly amazed at how relevant the subject matters are to my own life.

The scripture verse for yesterdays email went like this ...

"Let heaven fill your thoughts. Do not think only about things down here on earth."
Colossians 3:2 NLT


It reminded me that some years ago at my previous church there was a pastor whose favorite saying was ... "some people are so heavenly minded that they are of no earthly use".

I've always considered that he had it back to front, and just lately I've become more convinced that ... "some people are so earthly minded that they are of no heavenly use". The writer of Colossians seems to agree.

Let's not let the earthly things cloud our minds so much that we fail to see into the heavenly realm which is where the battles are actually fought. For proof of the fact that our earthly battles are fought in the heavenly realm, read 2 Kings 6:14-17.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always encouraged by what you have to say. Keep on sharing the things of the Lord. As your faith increases, so too does ours. God bless you, K.